Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Alright, well I definitely thought I posted a couple more times, but I suppose that my inexperience as a blogger (is that what I've become?) is showing. I'll give abridged versions of the previous posts I thought I had posted.

New England's were good, came in 4th there and qualified for IC4As in the 800. We also won the New England Championship for the seventh year in a row. IC4As ended up being a wash, as my legs locked up with 200 to go. The result wasn't pretty.

Now after two weeks off, I'm back to the heavy training. My first week of training was alright, getting 31 miles in 6 days. I'm really just trying to get a solid base in at the moment, but I think next week I'll maybe mix in some speed.

This week I've already got a 7 mile day in, and it was the first day in a while that I felt both fast and fresh at the same time. I booked it for the last 5 miles. My original plan to go it slow for the entire run backfired after some motivational songs came on the shuffle on my Ipod. I wasn't too tired at the end either, which is promising.

Tomorrow looks to be another fast, long day. I'll be back on here next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment